You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple Music search function not working (bug)

In Apple Music search, it does not allow me to select a song or artist. Nothing happens when I click into it. I can see others have had this issue. I have had this issue on multiple versions of iOS and different iPhones. Anyone experienced this and resolved it?

iPhone 16 Pro Max, iOS 18

Posted on Sep 25, 2024 7:32 AM

2 replies

Sep 26, 2024 4:30 AM in response to e.l.ser.

Same here on iPad Pro M4 on iOS 18.. Apple Music search is buggy as described. While I'm typing in "Depeche Mo" in search box (for Apple Music, not for Library), I get result for the band Depeche Mode and I can tap and it opens all about them. But if I type depeche mo and hit enter/search button, (or tap the first result "depeche mode") I get list with Top Results, Artists, Albums, Songs, Playlists... and those results aren't "tappable" or scrollable, it doesn't register any tap on the screen. Or with Pencil. Everything else is possible to scroll or tap. But results you can't touch.

Apple Music search function not working (bug)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.