You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to analyze data using pivot tables in Numbers?

this is related to numbers , i have a data to be analysed and wants to use the pivot table option. could you please help me to find out products coming in a particular price range and please help me what is the way to reach that goal?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 25, 2024 9:04 PM

4 replies

Oct 3, 2024 12:19 AM in response to Jaisoniim

Pivot Tables are great for separating data into "bins" for a date column (by month, quarter, etc.).

For non-date data as in Variant Price you need to add a column to your data column that calculates the bin for each line of data. Then organize the Pivot Table around that added column.

Here's a simple example:

The formula in C2 of the example is:

=IFS(B2≤500,"0-0500",B2≤1000,"0501-1000",B2≤5000,"1001-1500")

Extend that formula with additional ifs-expression, ifs-true pairs to match the number of bins you need.

I "padded" with leading 0s in the formula so that the bins would sort in the desired order in the Pivot Table.

To create the Pivot Table I clicked in the data table and chose Organize > Create Pivot Table > On Current Sheet from the menu, and dragged the fields in the Pivot Options pane that appeared at the right.

The Pivot Options look like this:

I clicked the circled i by Variant Price in the Rows box and chose Count instead of Sum.

Create a pivot table in Numbers on Mac - Apple Support

SG

How to analyze data using pivot tables in Numbers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.