You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How do I create a password for my iCloud email address?

My iCloud email is different from my Appleid. How do I create a password for my ICLOUD EMAIL address? I know my appleid password but it does not work.

ex. iCloud email: b*****y@icloud.com

APLLEID: s****3@gmail.com

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 26, 2024 4:34 AM

3 replies

Oct 16, 2024 5:45 PM in response to AlWeir

I'm one of the lucky/stupid people who had 2 Apple ID's. Signing in with the other one. Most everything I need is in the active Apple Account, except for my main e-mail address and all my iCloud email. I'm unsure how it became locked, but phone support says it's permanent. Because I have a Recovery Key, I cannot use the "reset password" process. But no one seems to know how to use the Key...it's nowhere to be found. I'm not signed in on any device to that locked account (you know, it's locked....). So no trusted device. Tried my wife's iPhone through the Support app, but the phone advisor said it won't work because I have a key. (Yes, I disabled the key on my active account...slow learner, but...)

How do I create a password for my iCloud email address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.