You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Transfer Home Setup to a Different user ID

I have a large complex home setup for me and my family. It contains many devices of a variety of types. Various automations, groupings and custom settings. But recently events have me leaving my family. For convenience I am also splitting the family. Unfortunately because I have been allocated as the "Organiser" (can I just say how crazy old fashioned this is) Anyway because I can't leave the family I am forced to set my partner up as the owner which means she and child have to leave my family and I reset everything up again. incredible pain. I really need a way to shift the home setup over to my partners Apple ID. Otherwise I have to note down all the settings for every single device then recreate it. I am dreading this soo much. I know I could just leave it as it is and create a seperate location but it's better for it to shift so that I'm not called on every time there is something needing tweaking. Since my partner is unable to edit the home setup as it is now, for some very odd reason.

HomePod mini, 17

Posted on Sep 26, 2024 5:40 AM

There are no replies.

Transfer Home Setup to a Different user ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.