You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Using both AirPods and hearing aids on the same IPhone, both as hearing-aid devices

Hello Everyone,

I’m a student in University and I use both hearing aids (specifically Oticon More 3’s) and AirPod Pro’s. The hearing aids for lectures/class, and the AirPods between classes to tune out the people when I’m studying.

I’ve recently discovered that I can add my AirPods as “hearing aid” devices after adding my audiogram.

My challenge here is - I want to be able to use the AirPods as my emergency hearing aids in case I forget my actual hearing aids.

I’m also reaching out because I haven’t had the chance to add my audiogram to Apple Health.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 18

Posted on Sep 26, 2024 8:33 AM

1 reply

Sep 30, 2024 7:02 PM in response to asfaeefawf

Hi asfaeefawf

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "I haven’t had the chance to add my audiogram to Apple Health.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated".

Thank you for your post to the community, and for carefully describing your situation.

Am no expert in this area, yet your post certainly deserves some response.

Apple Support has an article online (link below) that may be helpful

Use audiogram data in Health on iPhone - Apple Support

Eg: says:

"An audiogram depicts the results of a pure-tone audiometry test—it displays how loud sounds need to be for you to hear them.

You can import an audiogram to Health by taking a photo or importing a saved file. You can also download suggested apps from the Health app where you can get audiogram data."

There's a (non-Apple) 2022 Tutorial online that may or may not be useful:

How to add an audiogram to iPhone and set headphones to map to your hearing profile

Re: "I want to be able to use the AirPods as my emergency hearing aids in case I forget my actual hearing aids."

Recent (Non-Apple) article: How To Use AirPods As Hearing Aids (With Screenshots)

On Apple's Accessibility / Hearing webpage: Accessibility - Hearing - Apple

Apple says "Coming this Fall": "AirPods Pro 2 now provide an easy-to-use, clinical-grade Hearing Aid capability for those with perceived mild to moderate hearing loss.1

With a free software update and a quick Hearing Test, your AirPods Pro 2 can help you hear more clearly.1"

1. "The Hearing Test and Hearing Aid features are expected to be available fall 2024. The Hearing Aid feature is pending FDA authorization. Both features will be supported on AirPods Pro 2 with the latest firmware paired with a compatible iPhone or iPad with iOS 18 or iPadOS 18 and later and are intended for people 18 years old or older. The Hearing Aid feature will also be supported on a compatible Mac with macOS Sequoia and later. It is intended for people with perceived mild to moderate hearing loss."

All the best :-)

Using both AirPods and hearing aids on the same IPhone, both as hearing-aid devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.