You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Unimpressed with bluetooth on a Mac mini M1

I tried for a week or so to connect a pair of speakers marketed as "bluetooth" to my Mac. In fact, they were equipped with one of every type of input. The few times I was able to get any sound out of them from my Mac they sounded fine, but the bluetooth connection was fragile. They sounded good, then they blurted out a few more splats and that was IT for bluetooth connectivity on my Mac. And that was AFTER I paired the speaker(s) and Mac by placing them 3 inches apart. My question here is: is the Mac bluetooth system as frail as it seems to be here? Will it be necessary to unplug absolutely everything else anywhere near the computer in order to send a bluetooth audio signal across the room to my (paired) speakers? I can add a bluetooth adapter or Rx-Tx transmitter if that will help. Will it? Or am I just stuck with lousy wireless connectivity, meaning that I have to go back to wired speakers? Is this the best that bluetooth can do?

Mac mini, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 26, 2024 1:39 PM

3 replies

Unimpressed with bluetooth on a Mac mini M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.