You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Without Assistive Access activated, the screen on my iPad does not turn off

Hi My case concerns the use of Assistive Access. When Assistive Access is activated and you receive a call, the following happens: The screen lights up and large buttons are visible to answer the call. But after a few seconds the screen turns off and turns black. You then have to touch the screen for it to light up and show answer buttons. It is confusing for a demented person and also for anyone. In normal mode, i.e. without Assistive Access activated, the screen does not turn off, and that is how I want it even in activated Assistive Access. Don't you agree that it's crazy? Or is it me?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Sep 26, 2024 1:55 PM

1 reply

Sep 30, 2024 5:30 PM in response to JanIngvar

Hi JanIngvar

welcome to the Apple community, and thank you for your questions.

We are all Apple users, like yourself, in the community.

If you want the screen to remain lit during calls you may want to let Apple know.

Eg: You may want to contact the experts in Apple's Accessibility Support Team:

How to contact Apple for accessibility support - Apple Support

Else: To provide feedback about an accessibility feature on an Apple product, you can email the Accessibility team (they may not reply, yet your feedback will reach those who are able to make changes if others are having a similar issue) : accessibility@apple.com

All the best :-)

Without Assistive Access activated, the screen on my iPad does not turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.