You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts the first scripted film captured in Apple Immersive Video and reveals new immersive films for Apple Vision Pro. Learn more >

Locked Screenshots taken on Apple Vision Pro

Occasionally, screenshots I have taken on my Apple Vision Pro will appear in my photos app across all devices (vision pro, iphone, ipad, macbook air) as blurred with a box in the center that has a key and four dots. It does not happen all of the time and it occurs even when taken a screenshot of something simple like Freeform. Does anyone know how to prevent the AVP from automatically blurring/locking photos? I also have no idea what is setting it off. It won't let me click the photo. There are no options in the 3 dot menu to "unlock" the photo. I cannot find anything in settings. There are no sensitive or concerning items in the screenshot. I am at a loss and Support had not seen this before. Yes, I have restarted the AVP. Thank you in advance!

Posted on Sep 26, 2024 4:00 PM

1 reply

Oct 2, 2024 8:27 PM in response to ooove

I think the problem is that there is an app or website that does not allow screenshots such as Netflix or HBO or Apple TV or who knows what. I had a tab open in Safari with Netflix open however I was not watching any videos or even active on that screen. Safari was not even open. But all my screenshots had that lock symbol. When I closed the Netflix tab it let me take screenshots normally again. Perhaps you have an app or website open that does not allow screenshots. I hope this helps.

Locked Screenshots taken on Apple Vision Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.