You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Anothet persons phone was set to have full access to stream to my tv.

I was trying to connect my phone to my tv so i could stream photos to it. And usually during the set up process, there is a four digit code is generated by Apple. But on this situation when I opened up my connect to the TV settings there was somebody else’s phone titled Steve connected to my TV now I know that in order for someone to get into my TV they have a have a key to my door be be able to get into the network which means I need a password See it had to have the four digit generator code off the TV so with all of those three things how could somebody creep through the security and be attached to my TV or was someone given that information?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 26, 2024 5:06 PM

3 replies

Sep 26, 2024 5:30 PM in response to jallan72

Finding another Bluetooth device in range while pairing is not at all unusual in many locations.

Finding another Bluetooth device actually paired with your iPhone might be, but an iPhone doesn’t pair with another iPhone via Bluetooth. Not as Bluetooth audio devices and such are paired.

If this is an unexpected setting for an existing pairing on your TV, clear it and move on. How to clear it or to reset it should be described in the TV owner’s manual. (The history and configuration of your TV is not something that anybody around here can really address. It could have been installed by a technician “Steve”, for instance. We just don’t know.)

Sep 28, 2024 4:12 PM in response to jallan72

You could also in your Home app on your iPhone go to its settings (3 small dots upper right corner) scroll down to speakers and tv and then change your settings so only devices that are a part of your Home can cast or stream to them. I do this to prevent anyone from accidentally casting to my tv like a neighbor or so my friends who come over don’t think they can take over my tv and start casting whatever they want haha

Anothet persons phone was set to have full access to stream to my tv.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.