You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How can I export an album from my music library without an Apple Music subscription?

Is there any way to export an album from a music library? I have uploaded many CDs that I bought over the years. (I do not want apple music subcriptions or suggestions, I want to be my own master.) One ended up in the music library on my laptop, want to copy that album to my mosic library on my desktop (I misplaced the CD). I can find no way to do that.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 27, 2024 10:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2024 6:17 PM

Bjorn,

When you ripped the CD, it created song files on the computer where you did the rip. Those song files should still be there, along with any copies or backups that you have made. If you are not sure where to look, right-click the track in your iTunes/Music library and choose Show in Finder (or Show in Windows Explorer).

Once you locate the song files, make copies the usual way.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 27, 2024 6:17 PM in response to bjorn92

Bjorn,

When you ripped the CD, it created song files on the computer where you did the rip. Those song files should still be there, along with any copies or backups that you have made. If you are not sure where to look, right-click the track in your iTunes/Music library and choose Show in Finder (or Show in Windows Explorer).

Once you locate the song files, make copies the usual way.

Oct 2, 2024 2:03 AM in response to bjorn92

You can drag and drop songs in the Music window onto a destination in the Finder.

If you are copying songs to a USB flash drive for use with a car stereo system, you may need to clean off the 'dot' metadata files that the Finder likes to create on non-Mac-formatted volumes. E.g.,

SONG.AAC
    ._SONG.AAC

The second file is not visible in the Finder (thanks to the leading '.'), but a non-Mac system that sees the .AAC part may incorrectly assume that ._SONG.AAC is a music file, and throw errors when the file appears to be corrupted.

How can I export an album from my music library without an Apple Music subscription?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.