You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Page freezes on a tab

After updating the system to Sequoia 15.0, when using Safari 18.0, I repeatedly experienced a page freeze. Most of the time is when I'm using some JavaScript intensive page (like a page builder, Divi page builder to be more specific).

It occurred in pages that are not supposed to use JavaScript intensively as well. Sometimes when accessing a page it does not work anymore (you click in a link, the url changes, but the page still the same. Does not matter what button you click it does not work, you can navigate the page up and down but it does not respond to any command, making necessary to close the tab).

I haven't had this problem anytime in the previews versions, only after the update.

Are there anyone experiencing the same?

Probably, this question should be put forward to the Safari's development team, but I didn't find where to submit such a report. Anyone knows?

Machine Type: MacBook Pro 15" 2018, Intel Core I7 2.6 Ghz, 16Gb Ram DDR4

MacOs: Sequoia 15.0

Safari: 18.0 (20619.1.26.31.6)

Extensions: Grammarly for Safari (disabled), Open In button for Edge (Parallels Desktop) (disabled), Zotero Connector (enabled).

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 28, 2024 3:29 AM

There are no replies.

Page freezes on a tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.