You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Reader Mode Error in iPadOS 18.0

In iPadOS 18, when entering Reader Mode in Safari, the article initially displays in a narrow, centered column with a very small font size. However, as soon as I tap either of the font size adjustment icons, the article expands to full width and adjusts to a larger, readable font size. This issue occurs consistently and requires manual font size adjustment to display the article properly.

iPad, iPadOS 18

Posted on Sep 28, 2024 7:13 AM

4 replies

Sep 28, 2024 10:52 AM in response to 6x6

That seems to have fixed it. For a few minutes.

The first few sites I tried (Wired, Wikipedia, Ars Technica) worked just fine. Then it reverted to the old behavior.

It looks like a "feature" that wasn't well thought out. I see page-like shadows around the narrow page that has been presented. But, the font is too small for old eyes, and tapping the Reader Mode icon and tapping the font size adjustment icons brings it back to full width.

I suspect the "Highlights" feature/setting. I'll do more testing and come back here if I find anything.

Reader Mode Error in iPadOS 18.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.