You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Random blackouts on 10-year-old A1407 Thunderbolt Display

A1407 Thunderbolt Monitor while on just goes black like it’s powered itself off or gone to sleep. It happens while using it & not because the keyboard or mouse hasn’t been touched in awhile. It can be off/asleep for a couple seconds or up to 5+ minutes. This is the 1st problem I’ve ever had. Have a newer Mac Mini. This just started. It’s otherwise been working fine & in excellent condition.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Earlier displays & monitors

Posted on Sep 28, 2024 12:51 PM

4 replies

Oct 3, 2024 12:47 AM in response to OlderThunderboltMonitorIssues

Is this happening since the oS update? I updated my 2018 Mac mini with two 1407 Apple monitors on it and found out that there's apparently some sort of glitch causing just the one monitor not to turn on. I switched them around, tried different ports and even tried to plug it into a laptop and still nothing. Rolled back the OS and it works just fine. Called Apple prior to reinstalling the OS, and they insisted that it was a bad monitor. I guess all I'm suggesting is that if it started doing it after the update, that it could be update related.

Random blackouts on 10-year-old A1407 Thunderbolt Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.