You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Why doesn't Apple fix the non working browser button issue? This has been around for several years.

Safari has a regularly occurring problem with browser buttons not responding and doing nothing. I search for fixes at several sites with which give complex reasons why this may occur and offer possible fixes. I have never run into this issue with Chrome. The buttons always function. Apple needs to pick up their game. I like many of the features in Safari, but am now forced to make Chrome my default browser because Apple doesn't feel that a reliable working browser is a required goal for the backbone of using the internet. Shame Apple using your browser is unproductive.

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Sep 28, 2024 10:16 PM

2 replies

Oct 13, 2024 10:20 PM in response to sabrejim

I have seen from other posts about this issue, that the problem may be that Safari abides by the current standards and some web sites use code that does not comply or is tailored to another browser. So that would seem to mean that since they work on Chrome that Chrome may be non standard, or more flexible with accommodating non standard code in the HTML. A suggestion was to use other browsers when this happens. I think that Chrome's approach may be more useful for the user. Since the user cannot control how the website is coded. Allowing flexibility as Chrome does makes for a better user experience. Yes it would be ideal to have all websites use all standard coding, but having hit or miss use of websites that are poorly written drives people away from using the Safari browser.

Oct 13, 2024 11:46 PM in response to sabrejim

I understand your frustration with the persistent issues in Safari. It’s disappointing when a feature that should be reliable fails to perform as expected. Many users appreciate Safari for its unique features and integration with Apple’s ecosystem, but these ongoing problems can make it hard to stick with it.

It’s concerning that Apple hasn’t prioritized fixing the browser button issue, especially since it’s been around for so long. While third-party browsers like Chrome often offer a smoother experience, it would be great to see Apple invest more in making Safari robust and dependable.

Hopefully, Apple will address these issues in future updates. It’s important for them to listen to user feedback and improve the overall browsing experience. In the meantime, it sounds like sticking with Chrome might be the best solution for now. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Why doesn't Apple fix the non working browser button issue? This has been around for several years.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.