You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple Music pauses when Notes app is opened simultaneously

after updating the OS to iOS 18, whenever I’m playing the musing in Apple Music and simultaneously trying to use the notes app, the music immediately stops playing as soon as the notes app is opened.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 18

Posted on Sep 29, 2024 2:24 AM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2024 9:56 AM in response to KV003

I’m sure this is due to Notes now having audio recording and voice transcription capabilities so like every other app it forces off background audio when a new audio source is available or for recording, yet as you mention, this stops it when the app simply opens. This is incredibly annoying.

The best workaround I’ve found is putting Music into Slide-Over then opening Notes, sliding out Music to re-start playback, and it will continue playing in Notes until you swap out and back into Notes app/window.

Of course the better solution is extremely simple: allow multiple audio sources at once in iOS! There is NO reason for this forced limitation to exist.

Apple Music pauses when Notes app is opened simultaneously

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.