You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Issues with Guided Access

Has anyone else been having issues getting out of guided access after downloading iOS 18?

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 18

Posted on Sep 29, 2024 9:58 AM

3 replies

Sep 29, 2024 7:09 PM in response to edder48

Hi edder48

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "Has anyone else been having issues getting out of guided access

after downloading iOS 18?"

Unless you receive receive replies from individual members of the community here, we have no way of checking whether or not Apple has been receiving feedback on issues.

Wondering if the article below can be of any help to you.

Eg: You may want to check Guided Access is still correctly set-up on your iPhone.

Re: "Issues with Guided Access"

Apple Support's online article (link below) for iOS18 says:

"End a Guided Access session

Depending on the passcode options you chose when you set up Guided Access, do any of the following:

Use the passcode:

Triple-click the side button (on an iPhone with Face ID) or Home button (on other iPhone models), then enter the Guided Access passcode.

If you didn’t set a Guided Access passcode, enter your iPhone passcode.

Use Face ID or Touch ID:

If you turned on the Face ID or Touch ID option in Guided Access Passcode Settings, double-click the side button or Home button, then unlock your iPhone with Face ID or Touch ID (depending on your iPhone model)."

Complete article: Lock iPhone to one app with Guided Access - Apple Support

If more help is needed: You may want to contact Apple's Accessibility Support Team:

How to contact Apple for accessibility support - Apple Support

or

Apple's Accessibility Support Website (info. / support / contact options)

(NB: You can "Get Support" (online chat / phione / email etc)from the link at the bottom of their website:)

Accessibility Support - Official Apple Support

or

To provide feedback about an accessibility feature on an Apple product:

you can email the Accessibility team: accessibility@apple.com.

All the best :-)

Sep 30, 2024 3:29 PM in response to edder48

Thank you kindly for your reply, and for sharing your experience with the community.

Re: " ... today for the first time it froze and won't let me get out of it".

It may be that the iPhone is struggling for memory / space ... 

If so:  .... is a good idea to back up everything, before making more space available. How to check the storage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Other trouble-shooting suggestions:

What to do: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

or

If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Sep 29, 2024 10:05 PM in response to brbo

Right, I know all of that I have been usui g the guided access feature for years now with my sisters kids, with my kid now, and it's always been the same triple click in and triple click out, and passcode but after I downloaded iOS 18 my iPad will take about 5 seconds after the triple click to open the passcode, which today for the first time it froze and won't let me get out of it. My iPhone 15 pro max same thing but it's already gotten stuck 2 times, it'll go in but exiting it won't pop up the passcode and I have to wait for my device to die for me to reset the phone

Issues with Guided Access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.