You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPhone won't connect to Comcast email after iOS 18 Update

Since I upgraded to IOS 18 and iPhone 16pro, I can no longer connect to my Comcast.net email account via the mail app. I have tried removing the account and adding it back, but I always get "Mail sent no password, go to settings->apps->mail and enter a password". Great help, but I am already in the apps->mail adding the new account. I verified the password because I can login online just fine. This all started with IOS 18 upgrade. Any help will be appreciated. All other accounts (iCloud, gmail, etc) all work fine. I have verified all the settings and also looked at the help section for apple mail on Comcast's site. I don't see where there is any problem. It looks like mail is just not sending a password. It doesn't say wrong password, it reports mail did not send a password. Any Suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 16 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 30, 2024 7:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2024 1:08 PM

I am also having the same issue, I am unable to to receive my Comcast emails. I have tried removing and adding back and I get the message …currently unavailable but I can go to the web and my email is working fine. This issue only started after updating to the iOS18 version.

10 replies

Oct 3, 2024 11:04 AM in response to StillStanding1973

I called the 2nd level service phone 888-565-4389 and found very helpful folks. Kind of amazing, but most welcome. The upshot is that after removing and replacing this account several times, hearing that my "IP was blacklisted" and other reasons, I finally found a tech that admitted the problems all began on some phones and ipads when they installed ios 18. This happened on my ipad and iphone. Not on my wife's ipad. She is fine.

Probably something in the Mail program and not on all phones.

Would like Apple to resolve this. Hope 18.1 does this for those affected.

In the meantime I have my email that comes to comcast.net forwarded to my gmail address! Not a bad workaround.

Oct 13, 2024 11:38 AM in response to RCflyer2006

I am now connected to Comcast email on ios18.0.1. Must have been fixed by one party or the other (Xfinity or Apple) with no notice. It just works now.

I have had this mystery with Comcast before. It pays to call 2nd level service and pass on the problem. Somehow it makes its way to tech support and eventually gets fixed. Those first few days when email won't connect won't make me change my email password ever again! Just report and wait.

I was always able to read my email on the Xfinity web site but just don't expect this hassle. Need to remember to just wait!

iPhone won't connect to Comcast email after iOS 18 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.