You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Why was I gifted Songs of Innocence?

Id like to understand who did-

i disagree with random songs and a book to boot

I cant trust Anything because

I cant understand reasons for things- and reading comprehension is negatory!

I am DESPERATE TO GET OUT OF iCloud!

to get all my data out of

that iCloud and properly usable- Like was told to me:

PLUG AND PLAY "look at MY IMAGES-FILES WHAT I WANT...IT SAYS 40K PHOTOS

THATS EXCESSIVE....ill bet there are multiples upon multiples!

and What about the mini VIDEOS/ moving photos It was years before i realized this! HOW MUCH DATA SPACE IS USED OF MY PAYING FOR THAT EXTRA SPACE/ and sucking extra space from newphone- ipads and mbp?

Somebody please Tell me where To find a Hero?

peace

linda

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Sep 30, 2024 1:45 PM

9 replies

Sep 30, 2024 9:40 PM in response to linda annfrommatawan

You're stuck in the past, man. This was gifted 10 years ago in 2014. The removal tool was available for the next 6 years in case you did not want it. Since 2020, if anyone that did not want it, had plenty of time to remove it on their own. Now that it is 2024, you can contact Apple directly and they will remove it permanently.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Sep 30, 2024 5:45 PM in response to linda annfrommatawan

Your heroes are all here Linda, all you need to do is follow their instructions.

I addressed that question and others in your other Discussion, here:

John Galt wrote:

As for the (also unrelated) U2 "Songs of Innocence" debacle, please read turingtest2's reply, here: How do I permanently delete the album  'Songs of Innocence' by U2 from my library? - Apple Community.

In that Discussion, I also suggested keeping things simple. Address one specific concern at a time. If you want to create a separate Discussion for each question, that's ok. In fact it's probably best if you did.

Oct 1, 2024 1:04 PM in response to linda annfrommatawan

Just one more thing... make sure that you are really calling Apple. The only way to contact Apple is to use the Official Apple Support link below. Click through all the options until you get to the one with a phone number. That is the only way to be sure you are contacting Apple and not some scam outfit.

Only Apple can remove the "Songs of Innocence" from your library. No one else can do that.

Sep 30, 2024 9:23 PM in response to John Galt

I went to those links-the guys turningtest2 and his explaining the self remover is gone- and could just hide! in itunes and books! thanks 4 that

But Why did I get in first place? Did this Also drop a experimental setting? I cant stand it! Im told don't accept things yet they seem to jump on? Also I have been told Apple will never call you! No one can do "xyz but you can approve that=then words change" like backing up+ fixing something? I believe these added fonts are also Needed for App Dev to access? or some odd thing...IM SO SICK OF APPLES BAD ACTIONS+ messing my photos- data up- Spent too much money for this to be their result Its awful Im loosing memory- creativity- time and Its bad!

And so On-

Why would I waste my time or yours? I have knowledge as to how all THOSE EMPLOYEES HAVE ACCESS TO ANY ACCOUNT CARED TO ACCESS-IM always a step behind.. them "WHY DO PEOPLE DO THINGS?"

because they are evil- hateful + must be getting something out of Abusing me and putting bad thing in my purse!

I will get erased if I share the truth here. Its really sad.. I hope they realize its a matter of time- When someone gets backed into a corner = and Depressed Helpless Hopeless like me Who knows ? Because those who have control and are suppose to HELP CUSTOMER WHEN their people-Employees have threatened-and continue harm in many ways... and company Keeps Having control+ not Helping me have all my photos Its scares me that Apple either doesn't Care This is happening- Or Apple Inc Really Know And ruined so many peoples memories-Art+ property They don't know how to fix!

BUT IT IS 'their responsibility! I never asked to be in any cloud! They never gave me a informed choice/ I never gave consent" To change-loose Do things I never heard of- and can not comprehend these are facts.

I am Desperate! I don't Enjoy feeling this Hopeless this Angry- by a company that LURED ME WITH

" IT JUST WORKS!" No it doesn't

I did not ask to be in line for a free album ... I do not care if it is Reggie-Rock or House! No one needs to be

finding things they did not authorize!

If you know who I can contact? honestly I cannot do this stuf.

peace

linda

Oct 1, 2024 5:09 AM in response to linda annfrommatawan

linda annfrommatawan wrote:
I went to those links-the guys turningtest2 ...

Good! Now follow his instructions, or what Mac Jim ID wrote. They are the same.

If you know who I can contact?

Answered already, several times. You need to follow those instructions.

You asked for a hero. You got two of them, and I am not counting myself.

As I wrote, one problem at a time please.

Oct 1, 2024 11:16 AM in response to John Galt

well Thank You John,

Im baked-Now just read about Monterey/ being done-with-Yet is New to me/ I believe I just got it? my MBP AND IS = early 2015 Purchased late 2016" still don't get that?

anyway Said If not switched to newer one/ NORTH KOREA HAS YOU! what is this person saying. Was trying to work out printing ALL IMAGES/SCREEN SHOTS/TEXTS VIA TANK PRINTER. THEN DESPERATELY HIRE SOME ONE TO GET MISSING DATA OFF IPAD2 - IPAD PRO- NOTE5 AND IPHONE 6 - DELL AND MB + MBP!

Best buy promised they would get my data out of Cloud I paid them $ 259.00 They just made it worse! Added software never told me!

I CANNOT TAKE IT ANYMORE I CANT GET OFF COUCH... YOU GOT LOTS OF POINTS!

please ADVISE a possible solution. PLEASE.

Peace,

linda ann

Oct 1, 2024 11:29 AM in response to linda annfrommatawan

A 2015 model year Mac that you purchased in 2016 is perfectly ok. Nothing wrong with that.

Best buy promised they would get my data out of Cloud I paid them $ 259.00 They just made it worse! Added software never told me!

I recommend that you never, ever contact Best Buy, about anything, ever. Never set foot in any one of their stores, and do not visit their website. They are incompetent. Stay away.

Oct 1, 2024 12:12 PM in response to linda annfrommatawan

linda annfrommatawan wrote:

I contact them. Its terrifying! will they hang up- Repeat my words 3 times- Just sit there say zero! What recourse does anyone have?
thank U

Just call them and say:

"Can you please remove the Songs of Innocence from my music"

Don't go off any tangents and stick to the task at hand. You will find they will be able to remove the song and your problem will be solved. No need to go off on the person that is helping you that you did not ask for it or that you don't trust them.

Why was I gifted Songs of Innocence?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.