You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

What are the best methods to transfer Music between iPhones without losing Photos?

I'm trying to move my own music from one phone to another (both operational) but there's no option for sharing or air-dropping anymore.

I've tried syncing the phone to a macbook air, but as that's synced to one iphone, the error message says that if I transfer music to another phone, somehow, all my photos are going to get wiped/moved/deleted too, as it can't possibly transfer ANY music without syncing and wiping out the existing music library and dumping the photos (yet it CAN do all this with any other file type... smh)

Is there some sort of problem Apple have with users listening to their own music on all devices now? Although I CAN transfer them to Files, but not Music, 'so they don't play' unless individually selected - that's a useful feature if you're in a car...

Can anyone suggest how I get 'playable' music tracks on a phone without complete syncing and losing everything else on either phone? Thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13

Posted on Sep 30, 2024 4:28 PM

There are no replies.

What are the best methods to transfer Music between iPhones without losing Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.