You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple Music on MacBook Air. Error 1010 won’t transfer.

Just bought a “Certified” refurb MacBook Air from MicroCenter Houston. It gives me a message that I must “sync” with my Apple Account.” (Thought I had already done so!  It downloaded all the titles of songs on my computer in Oklahoma!)

When I click “Transfer” it says “Could not purchase “null.” An unknown error occurred (1010).

“There was an error in the iTunes Store. Please try again later.”

Can you help with this?  I went to the Apple Store in the Woodlands, but they had no Genius Bar appointments available for several days.

I am in a situation where I can only get out on occasion (treatment facility), and have a phone only on weekends.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Oct 1, 2024 6:16 AM

1 reply

Oct 1, 2024 6:19 AM in response to FrRob

This problem persists after several days. I have tried signing in to iCloud, deauthorizing this Mac, signing out, restarting, signing back in, and reauthorizing, but the exact sequence outlined above happens all over again.

This is a 2017 Certified refurbished MacBook Air, if that helps. Running Monterrey, which is the latest it can handle, I think.

Any ideas?

Apple Music on MacBook Air. Error 1010 won’t transfer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.