You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Final Cut Pro X on both iPad Pro & MacBook Pro behaving strange

when i drag a png of my company logo onto the timeline on both iPad pro and MacBook FCPX i can not put a transition to effect only the clip (the png) it effects everything underneath. i have spent several hours on figuring this all out and although i am new to the program, it is something that takes seconds to do in Divinci Resolve (which i have only used today and for less than 5 minutes)

I'm assuming that FCPX has an issue with rendering effects since OS18 ?

Posted on Oct 1, 2024 8:38 AM

8 replies

Oct 7, 2024 2:43 PM in response to Anywhere Near Zero

When working with overlays video like a title or a PNG w/ transparency file, the results depend on the transition you have selected.

For example, if you apply the Cross Dissolve transition it will work as expected and the graphic will dissolve in and out.

If you apply something like the Flip transition to the overlay graphic it will not work as expected as it requires a source to flip from and flip to.

You can, however make the effect you want (such as a flip or rotation of the graphic) by manually keyframing it.

MtD

Oct 1, 2024 8:57 AM in response to Anywhere Near Zero

Please post a screenshot of your ti

and indicate which transition is being used. Yes, I know you said you tried them all but let’s focus on one that you intended to use.

I am thinking that probably things are working as intended, but just not as you would expect them to. But to be able to guide you to success we need to know more precisely what you are doing now.

Final Cut Pro X on both iPad Pro & MacBook Pro behaving strange

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.