You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Homepod has started to make an intermittent crackling/popping noises

I have 4x newer HomePod Minis and 1x HomePod (2ndGen). The HomePod has started making intermittent crackling/popping noises... sometimes just for 20 seconds or so... other times for well more than a minute.

I have researched online and have discovered that this is due to hardware failure of the capacitors (there are apparently 4 of them) inside the HomePod. My device is less than 2 years old, which is outside the official warranty, but... I'm sorry, if I can only expect my Apple product to work for a year or two, then I won't be buying any more.

Anyway... if there is no clear / undisputed path to resolution (free of charge), then I will be taking my HomePod into the Apple Store where I bought it, and asking for a replacement. If not, then... for sure, I will sell all my HomePods on Craigslist, and be done with such devices (I switched to Apple HomePod because I got tired of problems with Amazon Echo devices).

Anyway... if you have experience resolving this same issue recently (within the past year or two), please advise!

Posted on Oct 2, 2024 5:01 PM

There are no replies.

Homepod has started to make an intermittent crackling/popping noises

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.