You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How do I turn off the blue box without turning off switch control?

I am pretty good at getting around settings and I want to use switch control, but I can’t find a way to turn off that annoying blue box without turning off switch control. please help!

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 3, 2024 3:50 PM

1 reply

Oct 4, 2024 10:15 PM in response to Heeeeee

Hi Heeeeee,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: How do I turn off the blue box without turning off switch control?

Wondering if the "blue box" is quite empty with blue lines around it, or if the whole box is blue (turn off zoom?).

Also wondering which iOS version is installed on your iPhone, and whether updating the iOS may help:

Seems iPhone 8 can not be updated beyond iOS 16, yet there are sometimes updates for iOS 16 available.

(NB: It is wise to back up your iPhone data before updating the iOS version if needed.)

You can check for updates in Setting > General > Software Updates:

Eg: About iOS 16 Updates - Apple Support says iOS 16.7.10 is the latest (compatible) update.

or

If you haven't already: you might try re-starting your iPhone (deletes temporary files, re-establishes connections, may update recent setting changes, and often restores order if something is not working as expected.

Else, if needed:

If VoiceOver is also in use, try turning that off: Settings > Accessibility. Scroll down to turn VoiceOver off.

or

If Zoom in also in use, try turning that off: ie: Look in Settings > Accessibility > Zoom

All the best :-)

How do I turn off the blue box without turning off switch control?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.