You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

apple music (un)intentionally deleting my personal music

I've heard from many folks who have lost their personal music from the Apple Music library (especially the mobile app). No one buys this idea (except those of us that have lost personal music). But I finally heard a reason how this could happen. Appears that those of us, before music subscriptions, whose music originates as a cd, then burned into an mp4 for apple music (then known as iTunes), have had these cuts deleted from their apple music library. (I noticed when I first subscribed to apple music, my personal music from my iTunes library kept showing up there-luckily I had a backup.)

Apparently personal cuts (originally from cds)can be deleted (coding glitch) either when the library sync is turned off or even more troubling when one cancels their subscription.

If any of you found cds to offer a superior product and chose to buy the cd/burn it/save it in iTunes, you might consider making a backup of those cds in your personal mac library, then be sure to delete any of those that have 'wandered' into the apple music app.

Posted on Oct 3, 2024 7:57 PM

There are no replies.

apple music (un)intentionally deleting my personal music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.