You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

YouTube on AppleTV 4K is killing my 2022 Hisense TV

I have the latest Apple TV 4k 128gb. I now have a problem with YouTube which then is effecting my TV and the appleTV box itself.

I open YouTube and watch contents .... simples ... then contents starts half way or two thirds though. I then try to open some contents and it fails to open crashing the YouTube app. This yes is a software issue but now it's messing up my regular TV on terrestrial contents.

Sometimes when viewing YouTube it now splits the tv in half and screws around with the local dimming zones , half of my tv is very dark and the other is very light. I have to force close YouTube and appleTV box to rectify this. If I don't this fault carries over to anything else like terrestrial TV or the cable supplier on the other HDMI. The ultimate thing is have to do is turn the TV off completely and reboot it.

The tv is a Hisense QLED 4K 144htz 11 month old, HDMI are 2.1 certified and have not been an issue and have been used on 2 TV's and 3 Apple TV boxes in the past.

Posted on Oct 4, 2024 4:14 AM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2024 10:19 AM in response to ericfromsheffield

I am having the same issue with the Apple TV 4K box and all since the update to iOS18.

YouTube app is literally unusable.

Most of the videos do not start or when they do, are half way or close to end of it.

the problem is only with YouTube app and nothing else.

I don’t use my tv for terrestrial television so I cannot speak about dimming zones.

Tried restarting the box, tried clearing app setting, logging off and back on and also reinstalled the app.

Nothing fixed the issue.

YouTube on AppleTV 4K is killing my 2022 Hisense TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.