You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Control Home Pod with my Mac Keyboard and shortcuts?

I use HomePods to play music using Siri. I don't stream from my computer since my computer isn't always in the room. But when my computer IS in the room I want to press the play-pause and next-back buttons on my keyboard to control the HomePod (skip/pause/play/volume) OR at the very least control it with some shortcuts.

What I usually end up doing since Siri is so inconsistent is move my phone near the HomePods and then press next and back or volume, but it's a pain and sometimes it then plays the audio book from my phone on the iPods instead of the music.

Is there any way to control HomePods with a Mac. I found some VERY BASIC shortcut steps, nothing for skip though. My thought was to remap the function keys and trigger a shortcut. I'm OK with a 3rd party app too, that shows up in the menu bar or something. The Home app on the Mac doesn't seem to have much functionality either.

Posted on Oct 4, 2024 10:01 AM

There are no replies.

Control Home Pod with my Mac Keyboard and shortcuts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.