You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Why did you remove core, critical Irish Traditional Music from users in the US?

Today I discovered that all three volumes of the Foinn Seisiún albums from LeCeoltóiti Cultúrlainne are no longer available in my region. There are millions of Irish Americans learning the traditional music and we all rely heavily on these recordings. PUT THEM BACK in the US repository!!! If you’ve done this to other traditional Irish music, then seriously reconsider. If you don’t, there’s zero reason for me to continue my Apple Music subscription.

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 4, 2024 3:08 PM

3 replies

Oct 4, 2024 3:20 PM in response to W_Stone

This is a user-to-user forum. Apple isn’t here, and they may or may not read postings around here.

Usual reason for these removals is the artist or their label has withdrawn permission, or is re-negotiating terms, or is potentially re-releasing the material. But nobody here knows why. Not unless there’s an official statement from the artist or their label.

Feedback - Apple Music - Apple

In my experience, favorite albums are best bought, and then copied somewhere offline for preservation.

Sometimes the remastered or re-released versions are better, sometimes not, too.

Oct 4, 2024 7:10 PM in response to W_Stone

W_Stone wrote:

We create sets of tunes that change all the time. Having it in Apple Music let me create playlists of sets. I do own these in CD format and there’s YouTube videos of most of them.

If the music is your own whether purchased from Apple, or purchased elsewhere, or ripped from your own media, it should remain available in your Apple Music library. On a Mac, it’s possible to check the song attributes to see if the music has DRM or not, as a way to tell the difference between. Apple Music “rented” music will have DRM, and your own music will not.

But I also keep copies locally, so that I can reload should something get snarled.

I didn’t realize Apple does not monitor this forum at all.

Apple monitors. They may or may not read, and they usually don’t respond.

Why did you remove core, critical Irish Traditional Music from users in the US?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.