You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Unable To Remove Face ID from Numbers, Pages & Keynote

After upgrading to iOS 18 and trying out the new Face ID feature for Apps, I’m unable to remove it from either of Numbers, Pages or Keynote, despite tapping on the ‘Don’t Require Face ID’ option. Weirdly, this is the same across both my iPad and iPhone, and in the case of Keynote, I didn’t even set it up on there??

I’ve tried deleting Numbers on both devices and re-installed from The App Store, the Face ID is still required. Long-pressing the App gives me the option to ‘Require Face ID’, in other words, it thinks it’s disabled, but somehow it’s still active.

Anyone else happen to have this problem? I’m running the latest iOS 18.0.1 which sadly didn’t fix this issue for me after trying it on iOS18.0. If you have, did you manage to fix it?? If not, I’ll report it to Apple.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 18

Posted on Oct 5, 2024 1:01 PM

2 replies

Unable To Remove Face ID from Numbers, Pages & Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.