You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 and Airplay issues with volume changing

When I updated to iOS 18 on my iPad Air 2024, and I stream to my streamer via Airplay, two issues have occurred consistently. One, the volume on each song changes and I constantly need to adjust the volume on my stereo. Second, a few songs will play and at times when the next song plays there is no volume even though the song is playing, and I need to hit the double arrow back button to go bak to the beginning of the song and the song will play and output sound. Neither of these two issues occurred until I updated to 18. Any others experiencing the same issues?

iPad Air, iPadOS 18

Posted on Oct 6, 2024 12:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2024 10:58 AM

If using the camera app the volume on the airplay device shoots up.

3 replies

Oct 13, 2024 12:26 PM in response to maferinga

I have the same issue on my iPhone 13 pro running iOS 18 and MacBook Air M1 running Sequoia 15.0.1. I listen to Apple Music all the time streaming playlists to my Bose, Naim, and WiiM devices over AirPlay 2. Songs will play fine and then one will play with no audio at all, if I skip songs then it will play with audio, if I let it just play the next song will usually have audio playing again. This happens several times per day.

iOS 18 and Airplay issues with volume changing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.