You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPhone Freezes When Using Face ID To Unlock Whn Using Music App After iOS 18 Update

Several times now my iPhone has frozen after the iOS 18 update - and again after the iOS 18.0.1 update - when using Face ID to unlock the device while using the Music App. Each time it has happened was when removing the phone from a Mag Safe charging base, swiping up to unlock using Face ID while the phone was casting music to a HomePod mini, and the phone had been locked while in the Music App. The screen is frozen on in the Music App, the unlocked padlock icon appears and next to it a dynamic blue circle icon moving like it’s “thinking.” That icon behaves like Microsoft’s AI icon when it’s answering a question in Edge, so I’m wondering if it’s part of the new AI in the software code glitching? I’m not able to turn the screen off or swipe up to get out of the Music App. Each time the phone needs a few minutes to resolve whatever process it’s stuck in before it fully unlocks and moves past the Music App. This has not happened prior to iOS 18 and I’ve sent the same mini pod a playlist in the Music App from my phone to play every night consistently for about a year.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 6, 2024 8:12 AM

There are no replies.

iPhone Freezes When Using Face ID To Unlock Whn Using Music App After iOS 18 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.