You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Unable to connect new Printer HP88015e to my iMac.

Unable to connect new HP88015e to MAC computer. HP9015 was used before and was connected by wifi; USB is not used. Wifi connection on MAC is connected, but not able to make HP connection. I've followed available instructions, but unable to make the connection. Require some hands on guidance - I'm not computer savvy on how to do this. Assistance appreciated.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 21.5″, macOS 14.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2024 1:01 PM

1 reply

Oct 7, 2024 7:42 PM in response to bk1939

Hmm.. says you need to have 2.4 GHz band enabled ( for the Wifi) and that it has sufficient strength… assuming Wifi is Enabled, hold down option key & click on wifi icon to get info on your wifi network.. frequency, channel ( if have trouble, maybe trash old wifi network, make new one with different channel or see if network> wifi>>advanced prefs gets you anywhere ) and strength… for printer… wireless or setup menu.. network setup, restore network settings.. oh-hoh!! Found a firmware update for your printer; https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/hp-officejet-8010e-all-in-one-printer-series/model/2100184671.., maybe don’t run it if you don’t have an hp ink cart in there… it’ll block ‘em… boy, HP is sure pushing this ink thing pretty hard!! … that’s where the money is ( lots of it) … it also mentions HP Smart app… for everything..no individual drivers seem to be available… just HP smart… maybe try using AirPrint… sorry, I tried…

John b

Unable to connect new Printer HP88015e to my iMac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.