You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Upload Photos from external hard drive to iCloud?

I have my Photos library on an external hard drive. Now I would like to update my library to iCloud so that I can open my photos without having to connect to my external hard drive and to sync with my other devices. How can I do this from my external hard drive to iCloud? (Keep in mind that my Photos library is huge and there is not enough space on my MacBook Pro to hold the whole library.) Any advice would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.7

Posted on Oct 7, 2024 7:44 AM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2024 11:37 AM in response to Carolyne32

Carolyne32 wrote:

I have my Photos library on an external hard drive. Now I would like to update my library to iCloud so that I can open my photos without having to connect to my external hard drive and to sync with my other devices. How can I do this from my external hard drive to iCloud? (Keep in mind that my Photos library is huge and there is not enough space on my MacBook Pro to hold the whole library.) Any advice would be appreciated.

This is how it works with syncing photos to icloud Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Upload Photos from external hard drive to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.