You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

HomePods - 90% failure rate

Regardless of what software version, phone or model is involved, I have a 90% failure rate on my HomePods. I literally asked it what time it was and after quite some time it just said 'sorry there's a problem'. That's what I hear most of the time. Tried re-setting, reinstalling etc etc. I think they're just a poor product - anyone else find the same?

Posted on Oct 7, 2024 11:58 AM

1 reply

Oct 7, 2024 12:11 PM in response to Azurmaractron

That sounds like an internet connectivity problem. If your Wifi is using the 2.4Ghz band, then it is common for the band to have interference from other devices that will cause an intermittent loss of connectivity. If possible, force your router to use the 5Ghz band. Some dual band routers will default to 2.4Ghz.

I have had my stereo pair for 5 years and use them 3-4 times a week for music and have not experienced any problems.

HomePods - 90% failure rate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.