You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

MP3 files not syncing to iCloud Music Library

Hi, I'm trying to upload "Flood Live In Australia" by They Might Be Giants to my Apple Music library. I'm doing this by dragging the MP3 files for the album into Apple Music for Windows 11, selecting the ... icon labeled "Sidebar Actions," selecting "Library", then "Update iCloud Music Library." As far as my computer is concerned, the upload works as expected.

However, when I try to access this from my iPhone or the web client for Apple Music, the album is completely greyed out. The album is missing cover art, as well. On iPhone, every track returns the "This item is not synced across your devices" error.

On the web client, they return the "Not Available on the Web" error message.

I've had to reupload this album several times now. The first time, I had to reupload because Apple Music was refusing to acknowledge my MP3 tagging changes, and even REVERTED MY CHANGES. (P.S., the user usually tags things a certain way for a reason. Don't do that.) Then, "Road Movie To Berlin" and "Sapphire Bullets of Pure Love" both failed to upload, and no matter how many times I told Apple Music to sync my iCloud music library, they never made it to my phone. So, I reuploaded. Then all the tracks failed to upload. I've reuploaded about 8 times since then, all resulting in the same error. I've been facing this problem for about 3 or 4 days now, with no solution in sight. I've even test-uploaded other MP3s, and those have failed, too.

Windows, Windows 11 (22635)

Posted on Oct 7, 2024 2:19 PM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2024 2:45 PM in response to zedarkzur76

Something very similar happened to me after Apple Music app for Windows was updated Oct. 4. My original MP3s were not uploading at all. Instead after the library update, the cloud status for those songs was "Error." First, they were "Waiting to upload" but then changed to "Error." Spoke at length with Apple on phone a few times, and I felt the Oct. 4 update must have been buggy, because many people suddenly had issues. Well, last Friday Oct. 11, Apple pushed a new update, and after doing an app "repair," end task to force close, and then reopen the app, my "Error" MP3s immediately uploaded. I'm thinking that Apple's much-requested last update made the difference and corrected my issues. Hopefully, this can help you and others here.

MP3 files not syncing to iCloud Music Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.