You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Playlists disappeared from iPhone with iOS18 update

I do not and will not enable iCloud for my music. I had synced my old iPhone 11 to my iTunes playlists and when I upgraded to iPhone 15 the playlists came over. They disappeared from my iPhone 15 when I installed iOS18 and now i'm being asked to pay a monthly fee to listen to music I bought through Apple store. How do I get my playlists back on my iPhone 15 without using iCloud?

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 7, 2024 3:01 PM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2024 11:50 AM in response to Lorieat

Same with me, only noticing the other day when I asked Siri to play one of my playlists and nothing happened. Just like you this was music I had already purchased and downloaded. It was fine on my iPhone 13 Pro Max with iOS18(at least I think) but when upgraded to iPhone 16 Pro Max with iOS18.0.1, all playlists are gone. Now looking further, same with my 1st Gen 11' iPad Pro on iPadOS 18.0.1 However my M3P MacBook Pro running Sequoia 15.0.1 is showing my playlists. If Apple is paywalling playlists of music we already own and have downloaded to our devices, that's just criminal.

Playlists disappeared from iPhone with iOS18 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.