You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

My Zoom Control is not visible since upgrading to IOS 18

Since upgrading to IOS 18 my Zoom control icon is no longer visible. I have checked Settings since it has been turned off in the past when updating the IOS. However it is turned on and still nothing. I have tried turning it off, restarting my IPad and then turning it back on. Still nothing. Help! I rely on this function all the time. I am afraid to update my iPhone because I use it alll the time as well.

iPad, iPadOS 18

Posted on Oct 7, 2024 5:24 PM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2024 6:32 PM in response to Wzlmom

Hi Wzlmom,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "My Zoom Control is not visible since upgrading to IOS 18:

Help! I rely on this function all the time. I am afraid to update my iPhone because I use it alll the time as well".

Am no expert in this area, yet your request certainly deserves some response.

Wondering if one or both of these settings below are those that you checked, and made sure was on:

Apple support's online article for iPadOS 18: Zoom in on the iPad screen - Apple Support

says:

✽. Go to Settings   > Accessibility > Zoom, then turn on Zoom

Also:

✽. "To adjust the settings with the Zoom menu, triple-tap with three fingers,

then Show Controller: Show the Zoom Controller".

"To use the Zoom Controller, do any of the following:

• Show the Zoom menu: Tap the controller.
    • Zoom in or out: Double-tap the controller.
    • Pan: When zoomed in, drag the controller."

For expert support with the Zoom feature: You may want to reach out to Apple's Accessibility Support Team:

See: How to contact Apple for accessibility support - Apple Support

and / or

If Zoom control is still not working for you on your iPad, then you may want to send feedback to Apple. They will likely not reply, yet your feedback will reach those who can make changes if others are also experiencing this issue. To provide feedback about an accessibility feature on an Apple product:

email the Accessibility team: accessibility@apple.com

All the best :-)

My Zoom Control is not visible since upgrading to IOS 18

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.