You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

HomePod with Apple Music on Apple TV

I have a problem listening to Apple Music on my Apple TV connected to my HomePod (2nd generation) and my HomePod mini, some songs specifically at a certain time one HomePod stops playing. I restart the song and both work correctly until that specific minute where one stops working. I have already restarted all my devices, I have them connected to the same Wi-Fi network and this problem persists in most of my songs and it is VERY annoying. All updated to the latest version of the system (18)

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 18

Posted on Oct 7, 2024 5:48 PM

4 replies

Oct 9, 2024 7:12 PM in response to osmanchulo

I have had the VERY same problem that was fixed in 17.2. Now the problem is BACK again. If I pause the audio from Apple TV 4K connected to the HomePods for around 1-2 minutes and then restart Apple TV music is FINE. My issue is audio latency with the HomePods being .5ms or less "off" the main speakers. This latency problem will continue to worsen until I pause the audio and then restart. This is an OLD problem that was resolved and NOW is back again. My setup: Apple TV 4K feeds directly into A/V receiver. HomePods are connected through the Apple TV 4K. HomePods ARE NOT designated TV speakers. TV is a LG OLED with ALL eARC disabled. Audio/Video switching is done manually through A/V receiver.

Oct 9, 2024 8:22 PM in response to Cobra1023

totally, now that you mention it. I also have my apple tv 4k in exactly the same condition (homepod are not designated as tv speakers) and the latency between my homepods and my tv speakers is too much, and the utility of syncing audio with the iphone is practically broken (sometimes making it worse). Before the update I didn't have either of the two problems I mentioned.

HomePod with Apple Music on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.