You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Turned off iCloud Drive on Mac and all my files disappeared. I can see them in my iCloud drive on iCloud.com but not in my iCloud Drive folder in Finder. How do I restore my files to my Mac?

I turned off iCloud Drive on my Mac for some reason. When I did it said: "If you turn off iCloud Drive, all documents stored in iCloud will be removed from this Mac. This includes documents on your Desktop and in your Documents folder, which will be available on iCloud Drive only". I clicked "Remove from my Mac" and then it prompted me with "iCloud Drive needs to finish updating before being turned off", I clicked "Stop Updating and Turn Off". Now all my files have been removed from my desktop and documents folders, which is fine, beacuse when I go to icloud.com and look in icloud drive all of my folders are there. But now when I try to turn icloud drive back on, my folders are not re-uploading onto my mac. I can't even see them in the iCloud Drive in Finder. Is there a way to re-download all my Desktop and Documents from iCloud.com?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2024 6:15 AM

1 reply

Oct 8, 2024 10:03 AM in response to tumbleck

tumbleck wrote:

I turned off iCloud Drive on my Mac for some reason. When I did it said: "If you turn off iCloud Drive, all documents stored in iCloud will be removed from this Mac. This includes documents on your Desktop and in your Documents folder, which will be available on iCloud Drive only". I clicked "Remove from my Mac" and then it prompted me with "iCloud Drive needs to finish updating before being turned off", I clicked "Stop Updating and Turn Off". Now all my files have been removed from my desktop and documents folders, which is fine, beacuse when I go to icloud.com and look in icloud drive all of my folders are there. But now when I try to turn icloud drive back on, my folders are not re-uploading onto my mac. I can't even see them in the iCloud Drive in Finder. Is there a way to re-download all my Desktop and Documents from iCloud.com?

Recover deleted files on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Turned off iCloud Drive on Mac and all my files disappeared. I can see them in my iCloud drive on iCloud.com but not in my iCloud Drive folder in Finder. How do I restore my files to my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.