You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple Music quality drop

I’ve been a loyal Apple Music user because I believed its lossless audio quality was superior. However, after getting a new pair of AirPods Pro 2nd gen, I noticed a drastic drop in sound quality. Thinking it was a defective unit, I compared it with a friend’s 1st gen AirPods Pro using YouTube Music, and the difference was night and day. YouTube Music sounded significantly better.

I’m confused because Apple Music sounds fine on my Galaxy Buds 2 Pro, which makes me wonder if it’s an issue specifically with the Apple Music and AirPods Pro combination. If this isn’t addressed soon, I’m considering canceling my subscription. It’s disappointing to pay for a service that no longer delivers on sound quality. Please look into this, Apple.

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Oct 8, 2024 6:33 AM

1 reply

Oct 8, 2024 6:48 AM in response to Rayy_Chandran

Here’s an update:

I use three devices — a Samsung S24 Ultra, an iPhone 13, and an M3 MacBook Air. When using Apple Music with my AirPods Pro 2nd gen on the iPhone 13 or the MacBook, the sound quality is awful. However, when I use YouTube Music on iOS or macOS with the same AirPods, it sounds great.

Interestingly, Apple Music paired with the AirPods on my Samsung S24 Ultra delivers the expected sound quality — exactly how it should be. This makes me believe the issue lies with Apple Music on the Apple ecosystem itself.

This is frustrating, Apple. Fix this. It shouldn’t be necessary to use a Samsung phone to get good audio quality from your own devices.

Apple Music quality drop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.