You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Why are crossfades so off?

It's been bugging me for a while (pun intended). I'm looking at two overlapping regions and the crossfade is suppose to start and end where the two regions overlap. And yet the crossfade appears to start before the 2nd region starts and the crossfade ends before the first region ends. This has been a consistent problem in Logic for a long time where the crossfades don't precisely line up with the overlapping area. Any ideas how to fix this?

iMac 27″, macOS 14.7

Posted on Oct 8, 2024 5:48 PM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2024 4:29 AM in response to Diegel

I have never worked with the drag mode set to X-Fade. I've always set it to Overlap and set my crossfades manually, either in the Region Inspector or with the Fade tool. The fades in Logic work in such a way that the start of the second region determines the center of the fade. You can now set the length and shape of the fade manually.

If you would like to submit your suggestions for improvement to the developers, you can send a feature request here:

Feedback - Logic Pro - Apple

Why are crossfades so off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.