You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How do I change the MacMini M2 Pro output to a different resolution?

I have a MacMini M2 Pro with Sonoma. I'm trying to change the output resolution to 720P. Went to Displays and selected the YellowBrik output to 720P. (No EDID settings choice) What its doing is keeping the 1080P resolution on the output of the MacMini but changing the content to 720P or just making the windows larger within the 1080P container. How do I change the actual output to 720P?

Posted on Oct 9, 2024 9:59 AM

9 replies

Oct 12, 2024 5:47 AM in response to gkajikawa

You need to be careful because selecting some "unsupported" resolutions may make the display unusable and unable to switch it back.

I have a control panel (settings) app called SwitchRezX that allows setting most any resolution. They do say in their documentation that you could risk losing the use of the display if certain combinations are chosen. Also mentioned, is that an OS update or upgrade could also cause loss of the display when selection certain combinations.

Oct 10, 2024 6:24 PM in response to den.thed

The HDMI is connected to an HP 23.5” monitor and the USB-C converter to HDMI and connected to a Yellowbrik HDMI to SDI converter. The converter is native 1080p EDID. These are mirrored.

whatever the Display setting is set to it always outputs 1080p.

When out is set to 720P the output resolution doesn’t change just the image changes, image is enlarged but the entire raster goes beyond the edge of the monitor.

How do I change the MacMini M2 Pro output to a different resolution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.