You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to disable presentation mode on my MacBook Pro running 15.0.1?

Every time I start up parallels desktop (windows 10)on my mac book pro sense os 15.0.1 upgrade, it enters presentation mode (all desktop icons vanish) how do I stop this behavior?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 10, 2024 5:31 AM

4 replies

Oct 10, 2024 4:43 PM in response to Stan54

Do you mean that the Windows Guest is in full-screen mode instead of in its own window? If so, then move your mouse pointer to the top of the screen to show the menu bar, and the usual stoplight icons will appear on the left. The GREEN button will have two arrows facing each other - which means "exit full-screen mode"

If you mean something else, a more detailed description would be helpful.

Oct 12, 2024 5:28 AM in response to g_wolfman

What I am trying to find is the mac book setting where you can dis able the presentation mode. I can simply click on the notification when it pops up and reverse it back to presentation mode disabled. What I wish to do is stop it from activating presentation mode every time "parallels" starts the windows vm. This. only started with mac os 15.0.1 upgrade.

Oct 12, 2024 8:45 AM in response to Stan54

OK, well "presentation mode" isn't really standard terminology for macOS or Parallels - more of a PowerPoint thing. But I am going to take it that what is happening is that whenever you start the Windows Guest it goes to Full Screen instead of opening in Windowed mode.

https://kb.parallels.com/115171

Once you exit Full Screen for Windowed mode, Parallels should remember what mode you are in and start your Guest in that mode on following startups.

Oct 14, 2024 11:50 PM in response to Stan54

Open Parallels Toolbox and search for Presentation Mode. Clicking on the icon toggles presentation mode on and off. When your mouse is hovering over the icon, a grey gear icon should appear above it. If you click the gear icon, you change the settings such as whether it automatically detects when an external monitor is connected and whether it prompts you or not.

How to disable presentation mode on my MacBook Pro running 15.0.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.