You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Captive Portal - Marriott Wifi - Apple TV

I’m attempting to connect my Apple TV to the Marriott wifi. Since updating the latest and greatest version of iOS on all my devices (16 Pro Max, iPad and Ultra), the captive portal for Marriott WiFi no longer works. The URL will open (iPhone & iPad), but the page remains blank…like a plain piece of paper. To answer the question, yes, it worked just fine during a recent 3-month stay in a Marriott; using a 15 Pro Max and/or same iPad. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

iPhone 16 Pro Max, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 10, 2024 7:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2024 4:36 PM

I have found a fix that works at Hilton. If you click on the “i” in a circle next to the Wi-Fi name and turn off the Private Wi-Fi Address then it works. I also have Auto Join and Auto Login switched off but not sure if that makes a difference. Not ideal as this is lower security but does seem to fix the issue as a workaround. Once connected you can turn it back on anyway. Hopefully Apple will fix it soon. Hope it works for you too.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 15, 2024 4:36 PM in response to runr4life65

I have found a fix that works at Hilton. If you click on the “i” in a circle next to the Wi-Fi name and turn off the Private Wi-Fi Address then it works. I also have Auto Join and Auto Login switched off but not sure if that makes a difference. Not ideal as this is lower security but does seem to fix the issue as a workaround. Once connected you can turn it back on anyway. Hopefully Apple will fix it soon. Hope it works for you too.

Oct 15, 2024 5:31 PM in response to ArakleMark

You don't understand, it is not an Apple issue. The issue is caused by the security some of the major hotel chains (Hilton, Marriott etc..) put on some of the properties. The elegant work around is to carry your own router (small portable routers) so you can setup your own network inside your hotel room and then connect to that network rather than the hotels.

Captive Portal - Marriott Wifi - Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.