You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

ipod music doesn't work

all music on my ipod touch is greyed out and won't play I cannot connect to the store and i get invalid certificate errors way to go apple getting rid of itunes caused this

Posted on Oct 10, 2024 8:39 AM

1 reply

Oct 12, 2024 2:41 AM in response to leww3733

I suggest that you have a read of the following tip, prepared by fellow user John Galt: Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple Community.

But as a starter, regarding your comment about iTunes:

leww3733 wrote:

way to go apple getting rid of itunes caused this

It's really not as simple as that.

To begin with, iTunes is still used on older Macs using OS Mojave (10:14) or earlier and on all Windows PCs. So, are you using iTunes, despite your comment? If not, are you using an Apple machine with OS Catalina (10:15) or later? Or, on a Windows machine, have you installed the apps that are designed to replace iTunes (that's Apple Music, Apple TV and Apple Devices)?

Next, since you state (among other points) that your iPod will not connect to the store, that would make any comment about iTunes a red herring (something that diverts attention from the actual issue). Assuming then, that it's an iPod Touch, which version of iOS is it using (look in Settings/General/About)?

Once we have more relevant information, we might be able to offer more useful suggestions.

ipod music doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.