You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How do I clear an Octopus Energy icon on my Safari tab bar irrespective of the webpage or even Google.

How do I clear an Octopus Energy icon on my Safari tab bar irrespective of the webpage or even Google. There has recently been an update - version 18.0.1 on Safari. Will this have anything to do with any webpage having the same icon showing.

Even when I open other website pages via Google the same icon (logo) appears.

Previous to the update the website's own icon / logo appeared at the tab bar

Help please to clear this glitch.

Thanks

iMac 21.5″, macOS 14.7

Posted on Oct 10, 2024 11:27 AM

14 replies

Oct 15, 2024 5:48 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Hi both, Idris & John.

Do appreciate your help and advice on "eradicating" this what was at first an annoying glitch to occur after having allowed the Safari update to happen.

It always appears to me whenever an update or upgrade is advised to require, I end up with issues of one form or another. I'm thinking 1 step forward - 2 steps back syndrome....

Thanks again to yourselves, and as you have mentioned it does add a bit of an oddball to using these 'wonderful' devices.

I'm going to leave as is for now, as for sure someone else will alert those in control and one day it may revert back of it's own accord :)

Best wishes

How do I clear an Octopus Energy icon on my Safari tab bar irrespective of the webpage or even Google.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.