You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Logic Pro 11.0 Extremely slow on Sequoia 2019 MacBook Pro, maybe Not Utilizing Hardware Acceleration.

When dragging the mouse, the CPU usage increases to 122%.

And Logic Pro have become abnormally slow.

The GPU seems not being utilized, and the current GPU usage is for screen recording.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 10, 2024 11:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2024 3:21 AM

This isn't melodyne, this is Logic's Flex Pitch.

4 replies

Oct 11, 2024 4:44 AM in response to S1NH

I don't know how to edit the original post, so I replied to my own post.

I have updated to the latest versions of Sequoia 15.0.1 and Logic 11.0.1, but the issue still persists.

This issue might have existed before.

Even actions like zooming in/out and dragging tracks can cause the CPU usage to spike, though it wasn’t noticeable to the naked eye. (see gif below, cpu up to 120% at zooming, below 40% when idle.)

I only recently started learning to use the flex feature, which led to severe lag, bringing this problem to light.

This reminds me of an issue I had when using Linux without having the graphics card drivers installed.

Back then, even simple actions like dragging icons on the desktop would cause the CPU usage to spike over 100%, which left a strong impression on me.

Now, I suspect that the problem might be related to not utilizing hardware acceleration for rendering.

Logic Pro 11.0 Extremely slow on Sequoia 2019 MacBook Pro, maybe Not Utilizing Hardware Acceleration.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.