You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Playlists I make want to play songs from the same one album for ~75+% of the songs it plays

I make my own playlists and usually play them on shuffle. It has happened twice now where I shuffle one of my playlists, and say I let it play 50 songs, it will play songs from this one album for 30+ of those songs, randomly. But sometimes it even wants to play the same song 2 or 3 times in a row. This is of course unbearable in all situations. It does not matter on what device, on my Air, Mini, iPhone, Watch or any of the Windows PCs I use at work. I have been using iTunes/Music for almost 20 years and have done plenty of troubleshooting, but this one is weird. In the below example I have a playlist with 55 albums and 1,351 songs. Yet it wants to play Nala. A lot. And it's mostly just her that keeps playing over and over. Last time it was a playlist with 'The Closest Thing To Silence' playing all the time in a big playlist. Clicking shuffle again makes no difference.

MacBook Air, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 10, 2024 1:04 PM

3 replies

Oct 10, 2024 1:33 PM in response to 4Train-v2

The first time this happened I tried first saying 'suggest less' for the whole album, then took it off the playlist, it kept playing songs from the album. Then I unchecked all the songs on the album, kept playing them. I had to remove the album from library completely. I do not want to delete the new Nala please. It's just whack.

Playlists I make want to play songs from the same one album for ~75+% of the songs it plays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.