You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Inconsistent Language Display for Song and Album Information Across Devices on Apple Music

I am experiencing an issue with the Apple Music library sync feature. As shown in the screenshots, I have noticed that song and album information appears in different languages on the Music app in macOS compared to other devices. All my devices are set to Korean.

In the first screenshot, you can see that the same album and song are displayed, but the album artist is shown in Korean on the iPhone, while it appears in English on my MacBook. In the second screenshot, there are instances where all the information is inconsistently displayed in different languages.

The inconsistency varies: sometimes it’s the song title, sometimes the album name, and sometimes the artist’s name. There are even cases where all of this information is displayed in different languages. I’ve observed this issue not only between Korean and English but also between Japanese and Korean, as well as Japanese and English. I believe it could occur with other languages as well.

Typically, on iOS devices like my iPhone or iPad, the information displays in the language I expect, but on macOS, the titles often appear in English instead of Korean. Occasionally, I’ve noticed that music on my iPhone suddenly switches to the English titles as they appear on the MacBook, or that albums from the same artist are split into two separate entries with one using the Korean name and the other the English name.

Even after resetting my MacBook or iPad and disconnecting and reconnecting the cloud library, the issue persists.

Due to this issue, I often have to know both the Korean and English names of artists or titles just to find specific items across different devices. I’m curious if others are experiencing this problem as well.

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Oct 10, 2024 11:22 PM

There are no replies.

Inconsistent Language Display for Song and Album Information Across Devices on Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.