You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How can I automate data entry between Calendar and Numbers?

I currently input data to a (once) daily calendar, one of 2 scenarios (If I was working or my partner) then later I go to numbers and input the same data there based on the historic record made within Calendar.

My question is, is there a way, that when I input the data in Calendar, that the data automatically updates the Numbers file on the fly, without me having to go and do this manually in Numbers?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 11, 2024 6:43 AM

3 replies

Oct 11, 2024 10:40 AM in response to dfcsl

It may be possible to have an AppleScript read the calendar and update numbers, but there are a whole load of gotchas in that - namely how does the script identify relevant events in the calendar? and how does it know where to put the data in the spreadsheet.

Happy to take a run at this, but going to need more detail (and sample data) to be able to make it work.

Oct 11, 2024 9:22 AM in response to SGIII

Basically on a given day, 7 days per week, I input onto Calendar whether I or my partner worked.... If I worked it is with a green colour, if my partner worked that day it is with a red colour - If we both worked that day then obviously theres a red and green colour. I then, at the end of each week (for example, or whenever I get to it), go through the Calendar and total up the relevant days and add them to a Numbers spreadsheet, which gives a running total of total of days worked each - The Numbers spreadsheet already automatically calculates the total number of days worked at the bottom of the sheet, it updates everytime I update the days worked. Is that enough information?

It would be convenient if I did not have to go through manually adding the days to the spreadsheet, if I could just mark Calendar each day then the spreadsheet side is auto updated that would be great.

I did think of some kind of script via automater but no idea where to start, to be honest. Thank you for any and all assistance.

How can I automate data entry between Calendar and Numbers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.