You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Constant "The '{camera_name}' has detected motion." notifications since a few weeks before 18.x upgrade

Hubs

• HomePod mini
  • Apple TV 4K (2nd gen I think)

Cameras

• Logitech Circle View Doorbell Camera
  • Logitech Circle View Cameras (x6)

For the most part, this setup has been working without issue for a couple years. These cameras are setup to only record and notify if a person is detected. One facing the driveway records and notifies if a car is detected as that is the only one that makes sense to have that on for.

Anyway, I've come to learn when I get this nondescript "The '{camera_name}' has detected motion." notification that it is alwaysinvariably, associated with a communication issue between the cameras and the hub(s). Usually the hub is updating or something and temporarily loses connection. Otherwise it says "detected person" or "detected car" with a thumbnail.

For a while now, a couple weeks before the 18.0 update, these "The '{camera_name}' has detected motion." notifications happen every few seconds especially at night and when the Apple TV is on. This only happened occasionally before. Incredibly annoying. I've just turned the notifications off completely which defeats half the purpose of why we have the cameras.

What I've tried:

• Power cycling the cameras
  • Power cycling the hubs
  • Power cycling the router
  • Updating to the latest OS versions for all devices as of a day or two ago from Apple
  • Factory resetting the Apple TV and the Home Pod

None of these have resolved the issue. Still start getting dings every few seconds about a nondescript "detected motion".

I haven't tried removing and adding the cameras because that is a huge production getting up on ladders.

Reaching out to Logitech next which has the absolute worst support. Probably just going to point the finger at Apple.

Anyway, starting here to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Apple TV 4K (2nd generation)

Posted on Oct 11, 2024 8:16 AM

There are no replies.

Constant "The '{camera_name}' has detected motion." notifications since a few weeks before 18.x upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.